How to Know Adoption is Right For You
Facing an unplanned pregnancy can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Here’s what you need to know:
- There are many professionals that can help you with your unplanned pregnancy.
- If you decide that parenting and abortion are not an option, then you can choose adoption.
- Adoption is always free for you as the birth mother.
When you choose adoption while pregnant, it can be a beautiful and selfless decision that will benefit not only your life but your baby’s life, too.
If you have any questions about your adoption options for unplanned pregnancy, then you can get free information here.
Your Unplanned Pregnancy Options
Before you decide what to do about your unplanned pregnancy, it’s important to research your options. Generally speaking, you have three to choose from:
- Adoption: This unplanned pregnancy adoption option can be chosen at any point. Many people consider adoption to be one of the best options because of how beautiful the journey can be. If you choose to make an adoption plan, then a trained adoption professional can walk you through every step of the process. Adoption puts you in the driver’s seat, letting you control every aspect of your adoption experience.
- Abortion: This is one of your early unplanned pregnancy options. If you’re considering taking this path, then it’s important to research the abortion laws in your state, as they can vary. You’ll also want to talk with your doctor as soon as possible to make sure this is still an option for you.
- Parenting: Lastly, you can decide to parent your child. Although parenting can be rewarding, it’s not easy. If you’re considering this option for your unplanned pregnancy, then make sure you’re financially and emotionally ready for the journey ahead.
Why Adoption Could Be the Best Choice for You
If you find yourself leaning more toward adoption while pregnant, then you’re making a brave and loving decision for your child. One thing to remember is that, as the birth mother, adoption is always free for you. On top of that, there are plenty of benefits that come from choosing adoption before birth. Five benefits of adoption include:
1. You get to choose the parents who raise your child
When you’re considering adoption while pregnant, you can find adoptive families based on your preferences. You’ll consider whether or not you want your child to have siblings, where you picture your child growing up and much more.
You may already have an image of the ideal family in mind, or you may have no clue what kind of home you want your baby to grow up in. No matter what, your adoption professional will be there to help you find the perfect adoptive family.
2. Adoption is an opportunity to give your child the best life possible
Facing an unplanned pregnancy can be scary, but knowing adoption can offer your child a life full of love and hope can make things that much better. When you’re considering adoption while pregnant, you’re providing your child with a better future with endless possibilities. For example, birth mother Markley knew that choosing adoption was the best choice for her baby.
“I knew that by choosing adoption, I would be able to watch my child grow up without having to worry,” Markley said. “I understood the reality that I was not ready to parent, and that if I did choose to parent there were things I wouldn’t be able to accomplish. I wanted to give my child everything he deserved.”
Choosing adoption for your child is a loving decision to give them the best life possible. It’s a selfless act that will continue to benefit you and your child’s life for years to come.
3. You can stay in touch with your child
When you choose adoption while pregnant, it doesn’t mean saying goodbye to your baby forever. Open adoption allows you to continue to be a part of your child’s life without any legal obligations that come with parenting. Depending on how open you want to be and how frequent you want to communicate, open adoption will help you feel fulfilled in your relationship with your child.
Your adoption professional will help you maintain contact with your child after finalization. This can be through:
- Text messages
- In-person visits
- Zoom or Skype
- Or whatever you feel comfortable with
The way you envision this relationship can become a reality when you choose an adoptive family that is ready to pursue a similar relationship.
4. The opportunity for a better future
An unplanned pregnancy can completely interrupt your life, and everything can change when you find out you’re expecting. Adoption while pregnant allows you to have a second shot at life and fulfill any dreams you have, whether that’s pursuing education, beginning or continuing your career or even getting married. Birth mother Julia was thankful for adoption, as it gave her a second chance.
“I knew my life did not stop after adoption,” Julia said. “It gave me a second chance to pursue my goals and dreams so that I can be a better version of myself and help people along the way. I wanted to show my daughter that I didn’t give up on myself and, more importantly, her.”
An unplanned pregnancy doesn’t have to halt your long-term goals. By choosing adoption, it can instead be a path to something truly wonderful.
5. Financial help throughout your pregnancy
When you choose adoption before birth, you can receive adoption financial assistance to help cover any pregnancy-related expenses.
The amount of assistance depends on the state you live in, so make sure to work with your adoption professional so they can determine how much assistance you qualify for. Your adoption professional will also make sure you receive the living expenses you’re entitled to.
Living expenses may include:
- Rent and utilities
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments
- Maternity clothing
- Phone services
Your Next Steps
Now that you’ve heard about the benefits that come from choosing adoption while pregnant, it’s time to start researching different adoption agencies to see which agency is best for you. Some adoption agencies you can contact are:
If you have any questions about choosing adoption while pregnant, then you can get more free information here from one of our experienced adoption professionals.