If you’re facing an unplanned pregnancy in Delaware, chances are that you have some questions about adoption – and whether it’s right for you.
One of the most common questions that potential birth moms have is, “Can I get paid for adoption in Delaware?”
While you cannot get paid for adoption, you can receive help paying for any court or legal fees associated with your adoption, medical costs and assistance with rent and bills. Adoption agencies know that people considering adoption have a difficult choice to make, so they will aim to provide as much support as possible while you’re pregnant and considering adoption.
It’s important to remember that you don’t have to face your adoption alone. If you’re hoping to place your baby for adoption but you’re worried about paying legal fees to make that happen, you can get the help and support that you need.
Here’s what you need to know.
Get You Get Paid to Give a Baby up for Adoption in Delaware?
While you cannot get paid to place a baby for adoption in Delaware, you can get help with the legal cost of adoption.
American Adoptions notes, “A recent study found that the cost of raising a child from birth to 18 years old is more than $200,000.” It’s no secret that both the pregnancy process and the act of raising a child can be financially difficult, but your adoption agency can help with the legal costs you may encounter.
Your adoption agency can also help you with other financial expenses and can guide you through finding the support and care you need to have a safe and healthy pregnancy.
It’s important to talk with an agency early on in your pregnancy. There are many resources available to people who are facing an unplanned pregnancy, and the right agency can help support you every step of the way.
In the state of Delaware, birth moms may receive help paying for legal costs associated with the adoption.
It’s important to understand that in Delaware, no other payments may be made. This means that birth moms are not eligible for financial support when they choose adoption in Delaware.
It’s very important to seek medical care throughout your pregnancy so you can have a safe and healthy journey. Your adoption agency can help connect you with options for medical care and can assist you in finding providers who can care for you during your pregnancy and birth.
While birth moms in Delaware cannot receive financial assistance, your adoption agency can help you find resources in your area to help you with any financial concerns you may have, including rent or utilities. It’s no secret that facing an unplanned pregnancy can be scary, but your adoption support team can help you every step of the way.
I’m Pregnant – Now What?
Can you get paid for adoption in Delaware? No, but there are many resources available to help you on your pregnancy journey.
When you realize that you’re pregnant, you’ll have some big choices to make.
You can choose:
- Parenting – This is a good choice if you know you want to raise your child and you are emotionally, physically and financially able to do so. Parenting isn’t for everyone, but for some adults, an unexpected pregnancy may be welcomed.
- Adoption – This may be the right decision if you would like to continue with your pregnancy, but do not want to parent your child. With open adoption, you may stay in contact with your baby’s adoptive parents and watch your child grow up. This means that you’ll never have to wonder if your baby is doing okay. You’ll know.
- Abortion– For some pregnant people, abortion may be the obvious choice. If you discover that you are pregnant early enough, you may choose to terminate the pregnancy if you want to. It’s important to note that abortion laws change frequently, so it’s not always an option for everyone.
As you’re researching “can you get paid for adoption in Delaware?”, it’s important to take the time to consider the resources that are available to you at this time.
Here are just a few Delaware resources for anyone facing a pregnancy:
- American Adoptions – This national adoption agency can help connect you with an adoptive family in almost every state. American Adoptions offers a variety of resources to pregnant women and can help you receive support and counseling throughout your pregnancy. When you connect with this agency, your birth mother specialist will also help you create a hospital plan and choose the right family.
- Adoptions From the Heart – This is an adoption agency in Delaware that can help you match with a hopeful adoptive family. If you’re considering adoption, you can reach out to learn more about the process and what you can expect.
- A Door of Hope – This is another resource for pregnant women who want to choose adoption. It’s important to remember that you have many adoption options available to you. Call a few professionals to find out who you feel most comfortable with, and start from there.
- WIC – This program is designed to help ensure that pregnant women and children are able to get the care, support and nutrition they need to be healthy. You can apply to receive healthy food throughout your pregnancy, and if you decide to parent your child, WIC can also help you with formula costs.
While no two pregnant women are alike, it’s important to remember that you have many options. While you cannot get paid for adoption in Delaware, you can make an informed choice that will be best for you. When you’re ready to speak with someone about whether adoption is right for you, don’t wait. Reach out today through our contact form so we can help you.