There’s always something new happening with adoption. Whether it’s personal stories, changing laws or improvements to the adoption process, , information is still growing every day.
Especially as a birth mother who is considering adoption, it’s important to be up-to-date on adoption laws, statistics, and general adoption information. Knowing where to find reliable and accurate information and adoption news articles is important.
But, with so much information out there, how can you be confident you are getting the best adoption news and information?
To help, we’ve compiled a list of trustworthy sources of adoption news and information.
Adoption News That’s All About Adoption
Below, you will find sources that are dedicated solely to adoption news:
- American Adoptions blog: American Adoptions is an adoption agency that uses this blog to keep their audience updated on adoption news and happenings.
- American Adoptions newsletter: This is a bi-monthly newsletter from American Adoptions that delivers current adoption news and information about domestic adoption to your email inbox.
- Considering Adoption: This website offers advice and provides helpful information about different types of adoption and the processes.
- Adoption.com: This website has numerous articles and community discussion forums for continuous information and conversations about adoption.
- Adoptive Families Magazine: This is an online magazine that has articles for almost every adoption-related topic.
Adoption in the News
There are other reliable sources you can read up on adoption. Although these publications aren’t specifically centered on adoption, they have adoption news sections that share up-to-date information:
- The Huffington Post
- U.S. News & World Report
- The New York Times
- The Guardian
- Parenting magazine
- The Associated Press
- The Independent
- BBC News
Using Google to Find Adoption News
Another great way to keep informed on the latest evolvements in the adoption community is by setting up Google Alerts. Creating a Google Alert allows you to get emails when new results for a specific topic you chose show up in Google Search.
By making “adoption” your topic, you will be notified about all new information that happens in the adoption community, whether it is through adoption discussion forums, new changes to state adoption laws, or even personal testimonials from other birth mothers who chose adoption. You can read adoption articles on any topic you have interest in or are pursuing.
Following Adoption News on Social Media
You can also use social media to follow adoption news. One great way to do this is by following adoptions accounts. For example, the agency we mentioned above, American Adoptions, has a Facebook and Instagram account that are updated regularly.
Along with finding adoption accounts to follow, you can use hashtags to follow topics, like #adoption.
Using Adoption News to Make Your Choice
Adoption is not a choice that has to be made in a short amount of time. As the prospective birth mother, you have as much time as you need to make this decision. Being informed and knowing all that you can about adoption across the United States will help you to feel more comfortable and confident in your decision, if adoption is what you choose.
You can get in touch with an adoption professional today by contacting us online. We’ll help answer your questions, find information and articles about adoption news in your state, and even get you started on your adoption journey today.