The Benefits of Working with a National Adoption Agency
Larger national adoption agencies offer support and services many smaller adoption agencies and organizations can’t.
- Birth mothers have access to 24/7 support.
- A larger pool of available adoptive families that fit your preferences.
- In-house adoption services for every step of the process.
As you continue reading, we’ll talk about what national adoption agencies are, the services they provide and where to find them. We’ll also discuss important questions to ask when choosing which national adoption agency is right for you.
How to Find National Adoption Agencies
We encourage you to speak to a professional to get more information on finding the right national adoption agency by filling out this online form.
Until then, here are several of the most reputable and well-established national adoption agencies to contact.
- American Adoptions
- Gladney Center for Adoption
- Bethany Christian Services
- Lifetime Adoption
- Alliance for Children
What are National Adoption Agencies?
National adoption agencies are large organizations that help pregnant women place children for adoption when parenting isn’t an option. But, how do you know which national adoption agency is right for your adoption?
Many women search for local convenience, finding smaller adopting organizations. However, national adoption agencies offer prospective birth mothers a wider range of services and adoption opportunities.
What Services Do National Adoption Agencies in the U.S. Provide?
Because there are several important steps in the adoption process, it is crucial to work with experienced professionals to guide you through each step and provide you with the required services.
National adoption agencies can provide in-house services that address every requirement to complete an adoption.
Here are some of the many essential adoption services:
- A Personalized Adoption Plan – When you choose a national adoption agency, you are in complete control of your journey. That means you get to create a personalized adoption plan that serves as the blueprint for your entire experience.
- Hand-Pick the Adoptive Family – One of the most significant benefits of working with a national adoption agency that offers a larger pool of available families is that you get to hand-pick the adoptive family. Your adoption professional will use your preferences for identifiable traits to find adoptive families that fit your needs.
- Financial Assistance – Not only are your medical expenses and legal fees covered, but your adoption professional will work to get you the maximum amount of financial assistance for pregnancy-related living expenses based on your state’s adoption laws.
- 24/7 Support – Day or night, your adoption professional is always there to answer questions and provide support throughout your adoption journey.
- An Adoption Hospital Plan – With your general adoption plan, you get to create a personalized hospital plan to ensure your hospital stay for labor and delivery meets all of your expectations.
- And More
Why Choose a National Adoption Agency?
Knowing what to look for when searching for the right adoption agency is important, and it starts with their history of completing adoptions and the services they provide.
In some cases, the best national adoptions agencies offer local convenience. For example, American Adoptions — one of the top national adoption agencies with over 30 years of experience — has offices in several states across the U.S.
That level of accessibility gives birth mothers like you a better chance of not simply matching with a family but matching with the right adoptive family.
All of the services and support you receive from a national adoption agency and your professional also bolster your support system, which is crucial for managing the sometimes-difficult emotions involved with adoption.
Larger national adoption agencies also have the resources to provide you with an adoption professional that can focus on your adoption plan and ensure that all of your needs and expectations are met.
These are some of the other benefits of working with a national adoption agency:
- National adoption agencies provide more stability.
- If you move to another state, you can still receive their adoption services.
- National adoption agencies are reviewed by state governments every year to ensure compliance with state adoptions laws.
- National adoption agencies are connected with experienced attorneys to ensure all legal requirements are met when completing adoptions.
- National adoption agencies have a larger staff of trusted and experienced social workers, giving you more personal attention.
So, how do you find the right national adoption agency for your journey?
Questions to Ask When Choosing a National Adoption Agency
As a prospective birth mother considering adoption, there are important questions to help determine which national adoption agency in the U.S. is right for you.
- Will my social worker be readily available to me?
- Can I receive financial assistance with living expenses?
- Do you have a large number of available adoptive families?
- How much control do I have in the adoption process?
- Do you help mediate contact with the adoptive family?
- Do I have access to counseling?
Those are just some of the questions you can ask. Ultimately, it’s about your comfort level and knowing that you’re getting the best possible support, care and personal attention throughout your adoption journey.
- Remember, choosing an adoption agency is about its ability to help you have a safe and smooth experience and provide you with the support you need to find the perfect family for your child.
You deserve to work with the best professionals because the brave and selfless decision to create a better future for you and your child through adoption is never “giving up.”