You Are Not Alone
Facing a teenage pregnancy can be scary. Unplanned pregnancy is stressful enough as an adult, but that stress can amplify when you are only a teenager.
You’ve done a bit of research, and you’ve discovered that adoption is an option for you. But, where can a pregnant teenager go for help? That’s why we’re here for you.
If you would like to get free adoption information now, then you can fill out our online contact form whenever you’re ready to reach out to us. In the meantime, though, we have spent some time putting together this detailed guide that tells you all that you need to know about teenage adoption agencies.
What Are Adoption Agencies for Teens?
In simple terms, teen adoption agencies are exactly what their name suggests. They are adoption agencies that can help teenagers complete their adoption process from start to finish. These professionals can offer plenty of services and ensure that your journey is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Still, you may be wondering what this process entails, exactly. To help give you a better understanding of what the adoption journey looks like, we’ve provided a brief outline of it below:
- Step 1: Decide if adoption is right for you. Your first step will be making 100% sure that adoption is the right choice for you. From a general standpoint, you have three unplanned pregnancy options to choose from: abortion, parenting and adoption. Make sure to weigh your choices before you move forward.
- Step 2: Create your adoption plan. Alongside your trusted adoption professional, you’ll create an adoption plan that accounts for all your needs and preferences throughout the process. Don’t worry, though. Your professional will do all the heavy lifting for you while you get to call all the shots.
- Step 3: Choose the right adoptive family for your baby. The next step in your journey will be finding the perfect adoptive parents for your child. When this time comes, you’ll sit down with your professional, who will show you various profiles of adoptive families. Once you’ve stumbled upon a profile that stands out, let your professional know. They’ll take it from there.
- Step 4: Get to know the adoptive parents better. After you have chosen the right adoptive family for your baby, you can begin getting to know the adoptive parents better if that’s what you wish. Many adoption agencies for teens facilitate open adoptions. This means that you can stay in touch with the adoptive parents and your child for years to come.
- Step 5: Complete your hospital stay. Now, all that’s left to do is give birth and sign the adoption paperwork. Depending on what state you live in, you will wait 48-72 hours before signing the paperwork. This is to ensure that you’re in a stable frame of mind before you sign something this permanent. Once this is complete, you are now an official birth mother!
What Do Teenage Adoption Agencies Do? [Benefits of Adoption]
Now, you have a better understanding of what your adoption journey would look like. Still, you may be curious about how teen adoption agencies can help you. What exactly are the benefits they can offer you? There are plenty of upsides when you place your baby for adoption, and we’re here to describe some of them to you.
Adoption Is Always Free for You
Because you are a prospective birth mother, adoption is 100% free for you. This is because of something known as adoption financial assistance, which can cover all your pregnancy- and adoption-related costs.
You are already making such a selfless, heroic decision by choosing adoption. The last thing you should have to worry about is money. This way, you can dedicate all your attention to carrying a healthy pregnancy.
You Can Stay in Touch with Your Child
Today, the vast majority of adoptions with teenage adoption agencies are open to some extent. Open adoption is when the birth parent and adoptive family exchange identifying and contact information. This allows you all to keep in touch long after the adoption is complete. So, you can watch your child grow up happy and healthy with an adoptive family of your choosing.
Remember, you are in complete control of your adoption journey as the prospective birth mother. In turn, this also means that you get to choose the main forms of communication that you all use. For example, you can all stay connected through:
- Phone calls
- Zoom or Skype
- Text messages
- Handwritten letters
- Or whatever you feel comfortable with
Adoption Allows You to Continue Chasing Your Dreams
There’s no doubt that raising a child is an enormous time commitment. Parenthood is a 24/7 job filled with sleepless nights and endless diaper changes. As a teenager, you likely will need to set aside any long-term goals you have, whether they’re personal or academic, to focus on your baby. On the other hand, working with teen adoption agencies means you can keep chasing your dreams.
Some teenage adoption agencies even offer scholarships for birth mothers. If you have any aspirations that you want to work toward, then adoption gives you the leeway to pursue whatever it is that you desire.
Maybe you want to finish your high school education or attend your dream college. Or, you could have some professional goals of making it in a certain field. Whatever the case may be, adoption gives you this opportunity.
We understand if you have some more questions about where to get help for teenage pregnancy. If that’s the case, then we are always available through our online contact form so you can get more adoption information now. We are here for you whenever you need us.